Each winter and fall semester, generally only one course is offered. Students may take as little as one course, or accumulate 30 credits by taking 10 courses in total. A student who successfully completes 10 3-credit courses will receive the MST Certificate in Theological Studies.
||Christian Theology I and II
12 elective credits may include additional courses in any of the core subjects, up to 6 credits in denominational/heritage studies offered at one of the Colleges of MST, or other courses identified as MST Certificate courses in areas such as Leadership, Spirituality, Worship, or Pastoral Care. These areas of study will be reviewed by MST periodically and revised to respond to student and Church needs. Up to 6 credits may be considered for transfer from other institutions.
In the past, the following courses have been offered by instructors at various semesters between 2010 and 2015:
- Christian Theology I – Rev. Dr. John Vissers and Rev. Canon John Simons
- Introduction to the New Testament Jesus in text and proclamation – Dr. Matthew Anderson
- A History of Christianity From Jesus to Erasmus – Dr. Lucille Marr
- Christian Ethics The real world of love, faith and friendship – Rev. Dr. Roland De Vries
- Introduction to the Hebrew Bible from Genesis to Malachi – Rev. Dr. Gregory Davidson
- Church History from the Reformation to the Modern Church – by Dr. Lucille Marr
- Christian Theology II –Rev. Canon John Simons
- Emergence Christianity – Rev. Dr. Alyson Huntly
- Introduction to Paul: The Self-Proclaimed Apostle in Text and Context – Dr. Matthew Anderson
- Contemporary Contextual Theology in the Canadian Landscape – Dr. Jessica Hetherington
- Minding God’s Business –Jay Hewlin, Esq., J.D.